Limo stuck on Baxter in Echo Park

The streets of Echo Park on Baxter are infamous for being some of the steepest outside of San Francisco, but nobody told this limo driver.

Today the limo awaits a tow truck after being stuck at the apex of Baxter Street, which isn’t uncommon for this corner – a school bus attempted the climb a couple of years ago, and we’re sure there are more undocumented attempts.

9 Responses to “Limo stuck on Baxter in Echo Park”

1. Joan Kramer says:

Our house on Cerro Gordo is nearby. My mother lived there for 40 years and always was amused by giant trucks that got stuck on this hill, with their wheels stuck over each side. A huge crane would have to be brought in to lift them out.

2. Stephanie Corrales says:

I lived on Vestal Avenue and I remember as a kid my friends and I would go “climb” Baxter, Fargo, Cerro Gordo & Lemoyne Streets. Those were the days; I love my neighborhood!!!

3. DJ. says:

I have been living on Baxter st. With my partner for just over 6 years. And have seen so many vehicles get stuck on the “apex” of Baxter several times. We actually had to help lift and push ( by hand )off the hil. Also, it is hilarious during the rain, all the cars AND , SUV’s that get stuck, can’t make it up and over the hill… “Pure Entertainment…”

4. Andrew Corey says:

Awesome…..!!That’s a one the luxury car in the world. i see lot of car but I don’t see that kind of car. Really it is awesome. It’s a major problem for that’s type of car if road is under constriction …
    limousine

5. Keith says:

Amazing!

Check this out:

6. This is funny- They should make the limo elastic

7. Tom says:

Baxter St is actually a steeper incline than any street in San Francisco. And it’s a two-way street, while the famous Filbert and 22nd St. in SF are both one-way downhill.

8. Lawrence says:

The most embarrassing “stuck” at the top of Baxter was a hook and ladder fire truck. It was dangling on both sides of the hill.

9. mack says:

Nice car….

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Tour the Nine Steepest Residential Streets in America | Notoriously-white.co.uk - […] Yes, another L.A. street! When the city laid Baxter’s concrete in 1884, engineers put special grooves in it to help tires …